Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slow Down

I feel like I am constantly eager for the next phase in my life. I can never just be satisfied in one place. I graduated high school early, and went to my first semester of college in Hawaii. 
Near the end of that first semester, I had decided I would stay there for my college career, but the closer it got to the time I would be going home, the more unsure and confused I felt about my decision to stay in Paradise. I prayed a lot about it and eventually decided that I was not meant to stay. So I came to BYU Idaho....quite the transission let me tell ya! I am now in the middle of my second semester here, and already am ready to move on to the next chapter of my life....The Utah College of Dental Hygiene. I found out I got accepted a month ago and now I am just sitting around waiting anxiously for this next part of my life. Personally, I just don't particularly like the feeling of being content in one place, and one state of being. I am constantly wanting to grow, to move, to change. It's those times that I am just waiting and waiting though, that I find things in life, simple, small things that make me happy. A conversation with a friend, a smile from a stranger, a good grade on a test, a date, a heart to heart. These little things are the very things that I forget to acknowledge when I am going 100 miles an hour through life. It's when I slow down for a moment and just enjoy life that I realize that there is so much more to it that I often don't take the time to appreciate and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment