Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

How do you distinguish between what you want and what is right? It's hard, that's for sure. And even if what you want is a good and uplifting desire, sometimes it still just isn't RIGHT. Plain and simple. Today I realized that my heart and my head have very different opinions. Sometimes you have to listen to reason and logic and sometimes you just have to throw that out and follow your heart. It's easy to choose what you want in life, and out of life but it's difficult to determine if what you want is what you're supposed to want. So what do you do? It's a hard question that I wish I knew the perfect answer to. What did I do? Well I chose to follow my heart, which was a hard decision for me because I am the type of person to always obey what my head tells me makes sense. But regardless, I put myself out there.

 Sometimes something isn't right for certain reasons; unrighteous desires, selfishness, one-sidedness, TIMING. This time it was timing, which is kind of a big deal. I believe that things happen for a reason, and there is a time and place for everything. And this time my wants and plans weren't in agreeance with timing. So even though the answer isn't what I would ideally want in any way, shape, or form, it's what's RIGHT. And I am confident that it will be for the best even though it's not easy. Often in life, and definitely in this case, the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment